When you have a blog you can’t just let the new years day go by without at least uttering the word resolution. I was catching up on some blogs I read and I found the following new year’s survey. So I figured I give it a stab.
What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Let’s see…in 2004, I started my new job in Presale. I started my first blog (and my second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh….Skyler’s, Spencer’s, Keaton’s, Caleb’s and Caleb’s cleft journal). I turned 30 for the very first time (and I expect to turn 30 for many years to come). And I visited Chicago for the very first time (although I didn’t get to see much of the city).
Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Resolutions are for wussys (or is it wussies?!? does anybody know the plural form of wussy?). But I actually did make a new year’s resolution last year. I resolved to kill people with kindness. I think I succeeded….At least at the killing part (figuratively, of course). I’m not so good at that kindness part. People are just so damn irritating. If everybody would just realize I’m always right things would go a lot smoother.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yessirebob (it’s a word, I swear). I guess instead of yessirebob, I should say yessireJace. My friend Lori just gave birth to her precious baby boy, Jace. I have been slacking in the friend department and haven’t seen him since he was one day old, but I intend to see more of him in 2005. Also, my co-worker (who sits directly across from me) had a boy too. His name is Alex and he’s a cutie.
Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, nobody died. In fact we experienced a miracle. My uncle survived. If you are behind the times, he was in a very serious skiing accident in February. He was in a coma for days, but now he is walking and talking. He will never be the way he was before, but that doesn’t matter because he now has a second chance at life. It truly is a gift from God that we didn’t lose him and every day I use this experience as a reminder of just how precious life is.
What countries did you visit?
None. I was just excited to be able to visit Chicago…which is within driving distance. Other countries isn’t even a short term goal in this almost poverty portion of my life. Maybe in a few years when I’m rich and famous….or at least when the kids are all in school and both Lee and I are working.
What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
- Organization. Have you seen my house? Need I say more?
- Air. This is winter which means I spend the next four months unable to breath. Damn this asthma. Maybe I should wish for new brochials. Or maybe I should just wish for the brain capacity to remember to take my medicine religiously.
- Which brings me to my next want…a better memory. I am seriously delving in to relm of dementia. I can’t remember a damn thing to save my life….literally, read previous paragraph about asthma medication.
What dates in 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- June 11, 2004, the day I officially entered my thirties (where I will remain for eternity). When I was in high school thirty seemed so far away; thirty year old were old men and women to me. And now I’m that old woman. How did that happen?
- July 2, 2004, the day Justis moved back to Wisconsin and I felt like I had failed at making a home for him here.
- August 30, 2004, the day Skyler and Spencer started preschool and I realized they aren’t babies anymore.
- And, of course, December 26, 2004, the day the largest earthquake since 1964 caused a tsunami that has now devasted South East Asia. As of today, the death toll is reaching 150,000 people…150,000. That is so awful it brings tears to my eyes just typing about it now.
I have big plans for 2005. They involve drinking more water each day to eliminate these awful leg and foot cramps that I get. Exercising more. I plan to walk/run (really more walk) more then 300 miles on my treadmill this year [I'm trying to set my goal fairly low so when I reach it I can feel a sense of accomplishment]. Researching the internet for ways to improve memory. Spending much more time with my kids. Telling my husband I love him every day. And much, much more.
What are your new year resolutions? Share with me people. I’m starting to wonder if the comments function even works on this blog. Are you there?!?