Banner courtesy of Mental Excrements
I had the idea to talk about 13 things in my fridge last week. But then Thursday came and it wasn’t until Big Brother came on that I realized it was Thursday. So these are these that were in my fridge back on Keaton’s birthday, August, 5th…which was why we had a birthday cake in our fridge.
1. Country Crock butter. This is the only tub butter I ever buy. It’s a carry-over from when I lived at home. It’s the only kind of butter my stepmom ever bought too.
2. Left-over pizza. Friday night is pizza night. We always get two large pizzas and gnaw on the leftovers for lunch over the weekend.
3. Milk. We go through A LOT of milk in our house. About a gallon a day. And sometimes we like to spice it up with some chocolate milk [which we milk down with white milk...half a glass of white milk with half a glass of chocolate milk]. When I say “we” I mean the kids, because I don’t like chocolate milk [or chocolate for that matter].
4. Fruit. We love fruit. As you can see by the honeydew hanging out on the shelf above, this drawer is always overflowing. But this drawer also empties quickly. Growling bellies like yummy fruit. And mommies like giving growling bellies yummy fruit over icky candy.
5. Vegetables. We also enjoy vegetables. Actually that’s probably more me then anybody, but Caleb does gobble down the baby carrots.
6. Birthday cake. Not just any birthday cake, but “rev up your engines” racecar cake. This went with Keaton’s whole Talledega Nights theme [which is the movie he and his friends went to see for his birthday party].
7. A huge, gallon-sized bottle of syrup because when you have a family of seven it’s best to be prepared.
8. Green olives. Yummy, yummy. This is a mommy treat. One of the few treats that is just for mommy. All of my other treats get eaten by the kids before I get to them. But the kids don’t like the green olives.
9. Parmesan cheese because you can never have too much cheese. And without it you just can’t have spaghetti
10. Our “bread box.” The bottom shelf of the fridge tends to fall off if you just look at it wrong, so the only thing that we keep on it now is bread and bread products. Here we have hamburger buns, hot dog buns, bread and breadsticks. Yes, we enjoy our bread.
11. The essential condiments; ketchup, mustard, mayo, French dressing, Ranch dressing and jelly. I think the kids would die without their PB&Js.
12. Cookies BBQ sauce. Is there any other BBQ sauce? And, again, big is better at our house.
13. Gatorade. We have a football player, a couple of soccer players, a wrestler, a basketball player, a couple of baseball players, a softball player and a dancer at our house. Gatorade is a MUST.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants