Banner courtesy of Peanut Tales
My twins turned seven-years-old yesterday. Seven! I can hardly believe it. So in honor of them here are 13 things about them.
1. By the time they were born I was measuring about four weeks ahead. I felt as big as a house. But I was still walking and working [although I cut back to 6 hours a day.] There’s a picture of me in the post below. It was taken the day before they were born.
2. I was 38 plus four when they were born [which means they were 10 days early]. But really they consider 37 weeks to be pretty much full term for twins. So in that case I went over.
3. With the ultrasound they did that morning, they estimated Skyler [Baby A] to be be 7 pounds 9 ounces and Spencer [Baby B] to be 9 pounds 5 ounces.
4. They were pretty close with Skyler. She was 7 pounds 5 ounces. But they were way off with Spencer. He was only 7 pounds 14 1/2 ounces.
5. At the time, they were the biggest twins ever born at that hospital.
6. That meant they were quite a novelty. I couldn’t keep people out of my room. Every nurse came in when they got on duty to “see those big twins.”
7. I tried to breastfeed them, but my milk didn’t come in for over a week. I worked with the lactation consultants, trying a few things. Taking Fenugreek [or however that's spelled] finally worked. However, by that point, it had been 10 days and Skyler & Spencer were too used to the bottle to feed from the breast. I was very sad by that.
8. Skyler had colic when she was a baby. I don’t wish a baby with colic on even my worst enemy. There were days when I wanted to give her away.
9. We tried many different forumulas for Skyler’s colic. Finally, Enamil’s Nutromegin worked. It cost twice as much as the regular Enfamil with Iron, but I would have paid $100 a can for it. It was pure gold to me. Then I decided we’d go ahead and keep Skyler.
10. Spencer was a perfect baby. He was sleeping long stretches through the night by the time he was 4 weeks old. I cannot tell you how thankful I was for that since Skyler had colic.
11. Now it’s the other way around. Skyler is the mellow one and Spencer is a little dramatic. But we love them all the same.
12. Skyler is very girly. She loves dance and dressing up in dresses. She loves lip gloss, tiaras and high heel shoes. She’s 100% girl.
13. Spencer is very sporty. He loves soccer and wrestling; especially wrestling with his siblings. He loves video games [except for when his sister beats him ] and recently is very in to pirates.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants