I’m a huge slacker. I have been tagged by some fabulous blogging friends and even given awards and I’ve totally neglected them. So here I am trying to catch up.
A Roar For Powerful Words
Waaay back on January 7th Life As I Know It awarded me the A Roar For Powerful Words; an award/meme started by The Shameless Lions Writing Circle. And all I have to do is give you three writing tips.
I’m a little shocked that people enjoy my writing. I feel like many of my posts are big run on sentences. Or short fragmented sentences. Riddled with punctuation and spelling errors. But here I go anyway, giving you three tips.
- Write what you know. You will never see me writing about car mechanics other than to say my husband fixed this thingy and now that thingy works.
- Don’t be afraid to speak your mind. We spend way too much time worrying about what other people think.
- Don’t write anything (especially on the internet) about somebody that you wouldn’t say to that person in real life. Doesn’t mean you HAVE to say it them, but when you write it keep in mind that you may have to deal with the aftermath should they google themselves and find your comment. For example, if Britney Spears was right here in my office I would have no problem telling her to keep her crotch covered.
E for Excellence Award
Then on February 19th, Shannon at Mommy Bits gave me the E for Excellence award. That same day Lance at Dad2Twins (who was also awarded by Shannon) awarded me with the E for Excellence award again. Now I need to pass on the award to 10 excellent blogs. And those excellent blogs (in addition to Mommy Bits and Dad2Twins) are:
- Mrs. Fussypants
- Mrs. Flinger
- Playgroups Are No Place For Children
- Clever Escape
- In This House, I’m the Mama
- Life As I Know It
- Lis Garrett
- An Iowa Mom
- Blue Bamboo
- Busy Dad
And then, as if my head wasn’t already swelling up with pride, Shannon went and bestowed two more awards on me.
The Daily Dose Award
Xandra, the creator of the Daily Dose Award says this award is for blogs you read every day; “all the blogs you’ve discovered that you can’t possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog.”
The Unconditional Friendship Award
The Unconditional Friendship Award is for those bloggy comrades that are always there for you, no matter what.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people & post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come see.
Wouldn’t we all be better off if we tracked down our first loves? Then we cross our fingers and hope that the answers will emerge on camera. We film the contestants constantly, we do interviews with and without their partners, and we gather sound bites that can be woven together in postproduction to give the show some narrative flow.
~Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst
And for this one I tag five of you that would enjoy participating.