Isn’t the Christmas season grand? When else do you get to scare your kids in to submission with the threat of no Santa Claus?
10. Santa’s watching.
9. Eat your peas or Santa will skip our house this year.
8. Santa won’t come if you keep hitting your brother.
7. Don’t make me take back all your presents.
6. Do you want coal in your stocking?
5. I have Santa on speed dial and I’m not afraid to use it.
4. He knows when you’ve been sleeping. He knows when you’re awake. (Most effective when they won’t go to bed).
3. You better not cry. Better not pout. Santa Claus is coming to town.
2. Santa knows when you’ve been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.
1. Santa won’t bring any presents if you don’t believe.
Disclaimer: I am in no way condoning the use of threats to discipline your child. But admit it. You’ve used the Santa threat at least once, haven’t you? It’s amazing kids still believe in Santa and think of him fondly after all these threats.